Hot Tub Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring season has arrived which means it’s time your hot tub gets some spring cleaning. Maintaining a hot tub may seem like a task that requires professional assistance, however with these hot tub spring cleaning tips it will be fast and easy to get your hot tub up and running for the warmer weather ahead.
Before draining water from your hot tub, add purge agent into your tub. The purge agent will clean out the bacteria from plumbing lines.
Drain your hot tub
Hot tubs should be drained once in every three months. Here are steps on how to drain a hot tub.
- First, turn off the power.
- Remove the panel that is underneath the main control of your hot tub.
- Lift the white drain hose, if you are cleaning it for the first time cut the plastic tie on the hose.
- Unscrew the drain cap and remove it.
- Connect the drain hose to your garden hose and direct it to a drainage area.
- After the water has been drained from your hot tub disconnect the garden hose and screw the drain cap back on.
Clean the hot tub shell
Use a soft rug or a scrubber to scrub and remove dirt from the surface of your hot tub. Pay attention to areas where sticky build up are formed. In case of stubborn stains, use a more effective surface cleaner. Clean the hot tub inside using solutions that are not abrasive and don’t create suds. After the hot tub shell has been cleaned, rinse the hot tub thoroughly getting rid of remaining cleaning solution residue.
Protect and clean your hot tub cover
Whenever you clean your hot tub, you should also clean the hot tub cover. Spa covers are designed to protect the hot tub and therefore it also requires care and maintenance. Here are steps on how to clean and maintain your hot tub cover.
- Inspect if the hot tub cover has any rips and tears. Over time your spa cover can break down and a new replacement cover will be necessary.
- Using a hose, spray the surface of the cover to get any dirt and debris off of it.
- Use mild soap solution with a towel or a large sponge and scrub the vinyl top in a circular motion.
- Scrub along the perimeter of the cover and the side flaps.
- Rinse with plenty of water to ensure that no soap drys on the cover.
- Be sure to clean the underside of the cover as well. .
- Apply a 303 vinyl protectant to condition and protect your cover.
- Allow the cover to air dry before securing it back on to your spa.
If you inspect your hot tub cover in the Spring and it is over 100 lbs or ripped and torn it may be time to invest in a new cover for your hot tub. If you find yourself wondering where can I get a good hot tub cover you don’t have to go very far we are here to help at The Cover Guy. For over ten years the hot tub cover specialists on staff at The Cover Guy having been helping hot tub owners replace their hot tub covers. With well over 25,000 customers per year The Cover Guy has built just about every spa cover out there. If you are a past customer you do not need to measure as we have all your dimensions on file, and if your a new customer not to worry we most likely have your hot tub in our files so just let us know the make and model and we will take care of the rest. We have specials running right now with FREE shipping on all hot tub covers and our best prices ever so click here to build your new hot tub cover.
Clean your filters
Cleaning your hot tub filters is an important hot tub spring cleaning tip. Remove the hot tub filter and wash it with a garden hose or a water source with significant pressure, it is best to use a filter cleaning wand. This will make it easy to remove the larger dirt particles and trapped debris. After cleaning off any particles or debris, soak your filter in a filter cleaning solution. Rinse your filter once more after soaking it in a cleaning solution before reinstalling it on your hot tub. Not all filters will be require the same maintenance. Check your hot tub filter manufacturer’s manual to ensure you are properly maintaining your filter.
These hot tub spring cleaning tips should will help you get your hot tub back up and running for spring season. Consult your hot tub manual to confirm you are taking the the appropriate steps necessary for your model.