Hot Tub Questions – How do I clean my hot tub filter?
For the seasoned hot tub owner cleaning your hot tub filter is something you do on a consistent basis and is scheduled into your weekly maintenance of your hot tub. We get asked a lot by new hot tub owners what is the best way to clean a hot tub filter. We outline below the best way to clean a hot tub filter. Cleaning out debris can be done on a weekly basis, and soaking it in Filter free should be done every three months for your best filtering results. Regardless of the cleaning your hot tub filter should be replaced every six months to a year based on performance.
- Turn the power off. You don’t want to have your hot tub running when you change the filter.
- Remove the hot tub filter from your hot tub. Most hot tub filters are easily removed from beneath the skimmer.
- Pressure wash your filter with a hot tub filter wand or high pressure water to remove debris and grime.
- Continue to rinse the hot tub filter with water until the water runs through clear.
- Soak the filter in a 3-gallon bucket of hot water. Add 1/4 cup of Leisure Time Filter clean to de-grease and to kill any germs.
- After soaking in the Leisure Time Filter Clean, rinse the filter with a hose.
- Let the hot tub filter dry completely then reinsert it into the hot tub.
Have a question about your hot tub or a replacement hot tub part or cover? Leave a comment and we’ll answer!