It’s exciting to finally make the decision that you want to purchase a hot tub! But, with so many options available, it can be hard to even know where to start when looking at your hot tub buying options. Answering the simple question of where to buy a hot tub can seem overwhelming and daunting – that’s why we’ve broken down the most popular options of where to buy a hot tub! Continue reading to figure out which hot tub buying option suits you and your unique circumstances best.
Where To Buy A Hot Tub – Option #1: Specialty Hot Tub Stores
A popular place that potential hot tub owners go to seek out more information about hot tubs and find the right hot tub to buy is specialty hot tub stores. These are stores that specialize in a particular brand or type of hot tub and are great sources of information on hot tubs, especially when you are just beginning your search.
Specialty Hot Tub Store Pros:
- Knowledgeable Staff: One of the biggest advantages of shopping at a specialty hot tub store is the knowledge that you can access through the staff at these stores. Since they are working at a specialty store, they should know their hot tubs inside and out. It can be helpful to start your search at one of these stors with a list of questions you want answered, and use those answers to help further your search.
- Showroom: Another benefit of these types of hot tub stores is that you can see the hot tubs in person in their showrooms. While they may not have every hot tub they offer on the showroom floor, even the option to see similar models or features in person can help you discover exactly what you’re looking for in your own hot tub.
Specialty Hot Tub Store Cons:
- Narrow Brand Options: The one fallback of these types of stores is that they generally have limited options in terms of brands available. They can be a specialty branded store that only sells one specific hot tub brand, such as Beachcomber. Alternately, some specialty hot tub stores carry a couple different hot tub brands, but they generally keep it to a few brands that they have specialized in. This can limit your overall options for your hot tub, as you’ll have to choose from the specific brand or brands that one of these stores may carry. However, this can easily be mitigated by visiting a variety of different specialty hot tub stores.
Where To Buy A Hot Tub – Option #2: Big Box Stores
Another place that potential hot tub owners can search for their purchase is the big box stores. These are stores like Home Depot or Walmart that carry hot tubs as part of their seasonal offerings, or even in some cases, year round.
Big Box Stores Pros:
- Wide Selection: One of the biggest advantages of shopping at a big box store is that you can compare prices and features of different brands. A lot of the big box stores carry many different brands and as a result you have plenty of options to choose from.
- Convenience: Since big box stores like these are very common, it makes shopping for a hot tub an easier experience. You’ve likely been to one of these stores in the past and even if they don’t have the specific hot tub that you want in stock, a lot of them will allow you to order it from their stores.
Big Box Stores Cons:
- Less Knowledgeable: The biggest downfall of shopping at a big box store is that you aren’t getting the same quality of knowledge and information as you would from some of the smaller, specialized stores. While they still may have people on staff that can answer questions about hot tubs, you’re likely not going to get the same amount of information from them as you would from a specialty store. This may be okay if you’ve already bought a hot tub before, but if you’re a beginner, it can be overwhelming to navigate the different models and features all on your own.
Where To Buy A Hot Tub – Option #3: Online
The final place that you can buy a hot tub is from one of the various online retailers. These can either be directly from a branded hot tub manufacturer or from an online hot tub retailer.
- Shop From Home: The comfort and convenience that comes with general online shopping is also extended to shopping online for your hot tub. This means that you don’t have to leave your home to purchase your next hot tub, which is especially helpful if you already know exactly which model and features you want your hot tub to have.
- Easily Compare Prices & Features: The nature of online shopping also makes it very easy to compare different hot tub brands, their features, and prices. You can easily pull up different models you’re considering and see a side-by-side comparison of the specifications, which can help make the buying process easier and smoother.
- Lack of In Person Viewing: The biggest downfall of buying your hot tub online is that you don’t get to experience what your hot tub would look like in-person. While there are images available online, it doesn’t always give you the same experience and seeing a hot tub in person would. This can be a big deal if you’re expecting your hot tub to look or feel a certain way, but when it shows up, it’s not necessarily how you pictured it to be.
Finding and Buying a Hot Tub Near You
These three popular hot tub buying options will help you to explore the world of hot tubs in a way that suits whatever it is that you’re looking for out of your hot tub. Whether you’re a total novice to hot tubs or are looking for the latest and greatest model to upgrade your current tub with, you can be sure that there’s a retailer that’s perfect for you. Use this blog as a starting point to begin your search and happy shopping!